Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Mommy's Day

So, I'm finally doing this! Today was my first day on my own...well, not exactly on my own, my parents are here but it's not the same as James. I'm not going to lie, its been hard without James, very hard. He did so much and it was great to do so much together...as a team

Let's see, I'll start with last night. It was painful. I'm having some breastfeeding issues so Kieran has been getting formula and whatever I manage to pump (now that is a time consuming process, to bottle feed him and then pump after...hope that ends soon). So, we've both been feeding him. Since James was going back to work today, I took the night feedings. Normally, they have gone well. Last night, Kieran decided that wouldn't be the case anymore. I don't know any other way to put it...he was flat out CRAZY! Poor James ended up waking up b/c I never returned from the 1:30am feeding by 3:30am!

The morning was more of the same. The little guy just couldn't be satisfied. I thought we had a good feeding but then he ended up spitting up...a lot. So, yet another set of sheets to wash, trust me, we've gone through all of them at least twice since Sat.! His 2nd feeding was a little better but he didn't eat much and I was worried b/c we had to head back to the doc today. Then it was diaper change hell. Pee, poop and then he proceeded to pee all over himself...made it all the way to the poor guy's face b/c mommy was slow. I felt awful!

The doc visit was good. We were there very early b/c I was a bit nervous...it was the first time I'd strapped him in the car seat and I must have checked it a million times. We had to come back to make sure he put on weight and he did, he's up to 6lbs 8.50 oz, almost his birth weight. I did have a freak out b/c his little wee-wee starting bleeding from where he got snipped, must have gotten stuck to the diaper. Doc gave that the ok too though. Then Kieran proceeded to pee all over the place again but the doc managed to save the day...experience I'm sure.

Our feeding after the doc was really good and I feel a slight relief b/c I was sure that would be the pattern all day. We'll see, he's asleep and I have a feeling I just got lucky last time!

I think we'll try to get out for a walk today, I hope. We've got a few very nice days coming up and I'd love to atleast get a stroll around the 'hood. If we do, I'll take some pics but for now, I haven't managed that yet today!

To sum it up, mommy and Kieran really miss daddy today. It makes me tear up even to type it. Did I mention my hormones are raging?

Ok, little buddy is chirping...I know what that means! Until later...

3 comments:

Jeremy said...

Hang in there B! It will get better! I loved hearing about the pee. We will have to get you all some pee pee tee pees if you don't have any. Ingenious idea really. The circumcision info... that just made me cringe. We love you and miss you all!

Soma said...

Amazing to relive the first few days with (our) K through your blog (minus all the wee-wee stuff). Bhavika, you are doing great and it will only get easier - never easy, but easier!! I'm impressed that you found time to blog! Looking forward to reading more. Take care!

Toby said...

Don't worry, it gets easier! Reading your blog reminded me of the never ending days / nights we had Rayan. It all gets better!