Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Daddy's last day

I can't believe that Kieran will be one week old tomorrow! The worst part is that daddy has to go back to work tomorrow! : ( I actually have 10 days paternity leave, but I want to split it all up so I'm taking 5 days at the beginning and 5 days at the end of Bhavika's leave.

This past week has been such a blur, and tomorrow is going to be horrible for me. Bhavika says she's terrified about tomorrow, but I know she's going to do just fine. I forgot to say in our first post how well she did in the hospital. She made it to the brink of "no drugs", and she handled it like a champ. She wasn't crying, shrieking or speaking in tongues. If she can go through that, then she can handle anything. I actually have a video clip that I need to post, but I've been too occupied to install the software to my laptop. She's a natural mummy, and she's going to raise one heck of a kid!

We've also received a lot of help from Bhavika's mom. She's been great helping around the house, and she's now a pro at washing bottles. My mom has also helped by picking up things from the store for us (like bottles and breast pump, don't know how we forgot those). Thanks to both of you. You've been a great help.
So what do two guys do on their last day of hanging out? I think the pictures speak for themselves.



















1 comment:

Soma said...

I'm obsessed with your blog! It's so fun to check it. Love the pictures. Best of luck to Bhavika tomorrow! She will do great (not that she has a choice...)