Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, April 20, 2009

Going Home!

Growing up you imagine certain things to go certain ways. Little girls imagine princess weddings. Little boys imagine winning the super bowl with a last minute touchdown pass. I guess I had always thought that bringing home our first child from the hospital would be full of pomp and circumstance. Instead it was just the three of us. Two scared parents wondering if we were going to be able to do what we needed to do. Hoping that we wouldn't do anything to screw him up. I wanted to take all of these pictures. Wheeling Bhavika out of the room. Putting him in the car. Bringing him in the house. However, I was too afraid that I would forget something or drop him along the way.

Thinking back on it all though, I didn't need the fanfare. All that mattered was that our little buddy is now home. Safe and sound. Apparently, things were just the way he wanted them to be.




No comments: