Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, April 20, 2009

And so it begins...


Bhavika and I are going to try this out, and I can't promise how long we can keep it up. I hope to make it a year, but we want to share our experience with all of our friends and family scattered all over. We'll do our best!

Things officially kicked off at about 4 AM on Thursday morning. We thought it was nothing more than fake labor, but Bhavika decided to stay home just in case. I however went to work and received "the call" shortly before 9 that morning. I rushed home, and we were off to her doctor for a quick check-up to confirm what was going on. A quick peak showed that Bhavika was between 4 and 5 cm dilated. Fake labor... I think not.

We wheeled her next door to the hospital, checked in, got some good drugs and things soon were in full swing. After a few more hours of labor and 1 hour of actual pushing our little boy made his official debut in the world. He was born at 4:05 PM weighing in at a solid 6 lb 9 oz and was 20 inches long. After some of the normal post-delivery routines, we were shuttled off to another room to settle in for our stay and accept our first visitors.

No comments: