Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Daddy Incompetence

Okay, so I've been trying to get something into a format to post to the blog for the past two days, but I apparently don't know how to use our new camcorder properly. Last night it took me 2.5 hours to get to where I could finally download the images from our camcorder to the computer.

So now I'm thinking today that I got this down. I tried to edit the clip, and somehow it ended up doubling in size. When I researched the thing everyone loved the camera but hated the software. I understand why.

What I wanted to post was a video of our little buddy flipping over from his stomach to his back all by himself. It happened like this. The three of us were in our bedroom. B was taking care of mommy duties, and Kieran and I were hanging out on the bed. I decided to give him a little tummy time. After a minute or so, he cocked his head to the side and rolled over onto his back.

I yell to B asking if she saw it (which she didn't because she was taking care of business). Of course I didn't have a camera (the one time I didn't have one), so I missed getting it on film. So I run downstairs to grab the camcorder. I come back up and flip him back on to his belly. I got lucky once, but would I get lucky again?

Our little buddy didn't disappoint! After some coaching, he worked himself from his stomach to his back!

I've seen a lot things, but I never thought I would feel so much pleasure by watching something so simple. I'll never forget it. Maybe when I figure things out, you can see it too.

No comments: