Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, April 20, 2009

Day 2

So let's see. What happened to our little buddy on day 2 of his life. After coming back to us at 7 AM (we sent him to the nursery for a few hours to get some sleep), he promptly announced his return by presenting another poopy diaper. Three in less than 24 hours! Of course, being the good dad and husband, I made yet another attempt to change him. Ten minutes and 15 wipes later I was done. Maybe this is why we have over a thousand wipes at home. When we got it, I asked, "Why so much? We'll be using these forever!" Not with daddy changing him we won't!



After the diaper not much else happened. We tried to get him to eat. He wasn't too interested. He looked at us. We looked at hime. He slept. What else... oh yeah... daddy sent him to get is little wee-wee snipped. For a guy, that's a hard thing to do, and I felt so guilty. I couldn't even look him in the eye when he returned. He just seemed to look at me and say "why daddy? why?"



It's okay though. He's plotting to exact his revenge by fine tuning his aim and taking advantage of daddy when he's off guard. If you know what I mean.



After apologizing profusely, he finally let me hold him a bit later that evening.



No comments: