This post is dedicated to Uncle PJ, for I know how uncomfortable this subject makes him!
Most of our friends know that James and I discuss poop a lot, even before Kieran came into the picture. We're not sure why it comes up so often but it always seems to be a topic b/w us and our friends. These days, poop is discussed in our house several times a day.
This week, poop meant little sleep and a CRANKY Kieran. See, twice this week during his late night feedings, he decided to unleash the beast. When this happens, no one is happy. I can understand his point of view...imagine how you'd feel if it's 3am, you've pooped your pants, and a stumbling parent is attempting to clean you with cold wipes while half asleep. For Kieran, it meant he'd stay awake for hours...which, of course, meant we'd be up for hours trying to soothe him back to sleep, with no luck.
Now, I assumed since he'd been up half the night that he'd get in a few good naps during the day. NOPE. On Wed. he slept a little but yesterday, he slept maybe a total of an hour during the day. Thank goodness my parents were here for a couple of days b/c he was so cranky all day but refused to sleep. We tried to walk, rock, sing...you name it, nothing!
Finally, after a complete breakdown to eat and then not finishing the bottle that evening I decided it was bath night. I went upstairs to check his diaper first and noticed he was ready to go, so I put the diaper back on...or so I thought. See, there was a small gap. A very small gap. A gap that Kieran managed to find and then pee through...everywhere. His onesie, the changing pad, everything, soaked and the whole time he squealed in delight. I wish I was exaggerating about the last part but I'm not. He was the happiest I'd seen him in days! Straight to the bath tub!
After the bath, he passed out. We waited and waited b/c we knew he'd be up to eat soon and we were very tired from the poop from the previous 2 nights. Finally, he woke, ate and was still nice and calm. Then, as I was putting him down for the night...GUESS WHAT...POOP! At least this time he went to bed easily.
One would think a little person could poop no more...think again, it happened again this morning. So much so that it came up the back and almost out of the diaper. Seriously, this kid is out of control...I dread seeing what we're going to deal with when he starts solids. There is no doubt this is a trait he gets from his dad! :-)
James always makes fun of me b/c I always have to find the "culprit"of unusual poops. I do the same thing with Kieran. I started taking Fenugreek this week in hopes to increase my milk production. Lets just say it didn't sit well with me and I'm convinced it was the cause of the poop monster we had this week!
Friday, May 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
It's funny the way parents can talk about poop like it's no big deal. One good thing about solids, is that poops become more solid, too - so that may be something to look forward to? Your posts really bring it all back!!! Oh, and I don't know if you tried it, but drinking tons of water and eating a lot helped increase my supply.
Post a Comment