Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Sunday, May 10, 2009

My First Mother's Day

I must admit, thinking of myself as a mother on this Mother's Day was a bit strange. It's always been a day about my mom and other moms. Even though I've been at this for a whole 3 weeks now I still can't believe sometimes that I'm someone's mommy and that he looks to me for all his needs!

We started today with a little hanging out time in bed. Normally, my Sunday routine is laying in bed watching HGTV (and if I'm lucky, 90210 on SoapNet) while James makes the normal Sunday b-fast. Our new routine is for Kieran to join us for a bit in bed. He was wide awake this morning after eating at 6am and he came in and hung out for a while...


After that quality time, James made me breakfast. I love Nutella, and while we were on the Greek Island of Corfu last summer we had an amazing Nutella and banana crepe. Well, not knowing this plan, I threw out the bananas b/c I won't eat them when I feel they are too ripe. So, instead he made a wonderful strawberry sauce (with some strawberries we picked up at the Farmer's Market the day before) and we had both strawberry and Nutella crepes...very yummy! Of course, this is certainly not helping me get back to my pre-pregnancy size!



Next, we headed off to Shelly Lake. James and I enjoy going there for the 2 mile walk around the lake on nice days. Today started off a little "cool" and overcast, which was perfect actually so Kieran wouldn't get so hot. We enjoyed the morning there and Kieran took a nice long nap as we got in some exercise.



Finally, even though I really wanted to go out and get a drink, I decided to be more responsible with my breast milk and we went to one of our favorite spots...Goodberrys!!! They have wonderful frozen custard there (I was a regular while pregnant) and we enjoyed some great ice cream! Again, not helpful in getting back into my old clothes but totally worth it...they had my favorite jamocha ice cream with Heathbar chunks!




I know I'll never forget this 1st Mother's Day, James and Kieran made sure it was perfect!

2 comments:

Amit said...

love, love, love the black and white picture.

Jeremy said...

Man, where are my crepes at?!?!?!?