Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, May 18, 2009

CHUNK

Today I took Kieran back to the pediatrician for his 1 month check-up. James is back at work this week so he met us there.

We were both eager to see how much the little guy has grown. The nurse asked us where we thought he was at, we both thought he'd gained at least a pound. To our shock, he's gained over 2lbs! He's now at 8lbs 10oz and has grown an inch!

We really should have known, he's got a Budha belly now and eats like he's never seen food before. I mean, foaming at the mouth, panting, head thrashing...full on crazy if his bottle isn't ready when he is! Not to mention when I put him up on my shoulder to burp him, I can really feel it now. I better improve my lap burping skills...

He's still small compared to other 1 month old babies but he's clearly making progress and trying to play catch-up. He also got his 2nd Hep B Vaccine today and handled it pretty well. Next month though is a handful of vaccines and I'm not looking forward to that.

We got home and I fed him and thought we'd go for a walk. Well, the smooth day we were having had to come to an end eventually. He ate, I got a burp and we even hung out for an hour. Then, I went to change him and he pee'd on his outfit. So, I changed him and cleaned up. Then I got my shoes and got him into his car/stroller seat and thought we'd be off. I turned to get my keys and what do I hear... "BLAG". Yup, spit-up. All over himself and all over the car seat. So...another outfit and me scrubbing the seat and putting it outside to dry and guess what, no walk.

Maybe later once everything is dry but I'm not banking on it. Oh well, we'll just spend some quality time inside for now.

2 comments:

Karen Warnick Elinan said...

Bhavika and James - I am really enjoying your comments on Kieran's blog. You both look so happy and he is so cute. I do not know how you all manage to keep up with work, parenting and techiness!!!!
Count me as one of the many fans I know you all have.
Stay happy and healthy.
Karen

Austin Powers said...

James: "Kieran, did you soil yourself?"

Kieran: "Maybe. It did sound a little wet, didn't it right at the end. Let's have a smell, alright. Ooh, wafting, wafting. Oh, everyone likes their own brand, don't they? This is magic. Alright, analasis. Oh, it smells like carrots and throw up. Oh, that could gag a maggot. I smell like hot sick. Ass and a dead carcasss. Oh, even stink would say that stinks. You know when you go in an apartment building and you smell other peoples cooking on each floor, and you go 'what are they cookin?' That plus crap."