Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Weekend Visit

This past weekend was pretty exciting as Uncle Jeremy and Auntie Betsy made their way down to Raleigh to hang out with the Groves clan. We didn't really have anything wild or crazy planned. Just a fun weekend of enjoying some of the best food and drink that the City of Oaks has to offer.

Arriving parched and hungry, Kieran and I (mommy was still at work) decided to escort our guests to a local spot where the food isn't fantastic but the beer selection is. Of course daddy forgot the camera, but Kieran enjoyed having lunch with Auntie Betsy. He also seemed to be pretty happy when daddy let him "gum" a french fry for a few seconds. I know, I know... bad daddy! Hey, I could have let him try something else!

Later that night we all went to dinner and again... no camera. Don't worry there weren't many photo ops for our guy as we kept the paparazzi shield down on the stroller. "No pictures please. I'm trying to sleep here. Oh, and someone needs to tell them to stop torturing that cat at the bar. What's that? That's someone singing? Oh my!"

On Saturday, Grandma came over to watch Kieran while the adults went out to sample some of our favorite spots downtown. Oh, and guess what? No camera! What the hell daddy? It's okay, daddy prefers not to have taken pictures of the Saturday events. It would just remind him of how he is no longer 21 and he's fooling himself if he thinks he can hang with Uncle Jeremy like he used to. Yep, you guessed it. Out by 10:30. "Daddy, daddy, daddy. I'm so ashamed. Can Uncle Jeremy be my new daddy? He's much cooler than you."

Finally the camera. We did finally get some pictures on Sunday morning at breakfast.

Daddy if you're not going to finish that...





Fine, if mommy won't let me eat, then I'm going to see how it feels on my toes!



Uncle Jeremy and Auntie Betsy would let me have some.



Soon after breakfast, it was time for our guests to head back to NOVA. We had a great time with you guys and THANK YOU for everything especially all the cute outfits. By the way... it's on! Uncle Jeremy knows what that means!

Finally. I'm clean!

1 comment:

Uncle Jeremy said...

Oh it's on all right!