We left on Friday night after work. We wanted to keep up with Kieran's routine, so we came home, he got a bath and bottle and instead of going in his crib, he went in the car seat. I wasn't worried about him sleeping on the way there but I did wonder if he'd go back down once we got there. Sure enough, he slept through James putting his pack n' play together and slept through the night. I must say, this was our first trip with both of us having a full work week and it's certainly harder than it was while I was on leave!
Saturday was a full day for Kieran. First, his grandparents were very excited to see him again so he had tons of attention from them. Then around 9am Auntie Jennifer and Auntie Michelle stopped by to visit! I've known Jennifer and Michelle since middle school. It was great to see them and catch up (they both have 2 kids) on family life!
Later that day, my parents babysat while James and I grabbed some lunch and tooled around Blacksburg a bit. We came home and learned one set of neighbors had already been by to meet Kieran. After that, my parent's great neighbor, Maya, stopped by. Maya met Kieran last time we were in Christiansburg but we failed to get pics.
We were pretty lazy the rest of the day. Neither James nor I slept well the night before so we turned in early. Of course, that would be the night Kieran decides he needs a bottle at 4:30am! We hit the road early on Sunday because, as always, a list of chores awaited us. Here's my mom getting in a little extra quality time...
Again, it was a quick trip and I'm sure my parents will be here soon to get their fill of their little grandson...

1 comment:
Sounds like a hectic but fun visit! It's always nice to have the grandparents around for a few extra hands! Btw, I like the pic of Kieran with his back turned where his thighs are showing. Too cute!
Post a Comment