So, early Tues. morning Kieran and I dropped James off to ride with some co-workers to Greensboro, and we were going to pick him up there around 3pm. I must admit, I was a bit nervous about packing the car and getting on the road alone...mainly b/c we needed to be in Greensboro by a certain time to not leave daddy hanging too long! All went well though, Kieran was well behaved. He didn't quite make it the entire way, so we had to stop shortly after picking up daddy and we had our first feeding in the back seat of the car!
It was nice to enjoy the much more pleasant weather of Christiansburg when we arrived Tues. night. It has been so hot and humid in Raleigh so low 80's seemed like a dream! My parents loved on Kieran while James and I got to chill a little and go for a walk. Kieran spent his first night in his pack n' play and did pretty well. It was clear though that he knew he was in a new place and that the pack n' play was not his crib!
On Wednesday we made the trip James and I have dreamed of...taking our boy to Blacksburg and his future school,VA Tech! He's been there before in the womb but this was the real deal! We enjoyed a lovely lunch at Boudreaux's and I had my first drink in a LONG time! Next we headed to the campus and showed the little guy around! Special thanks to Auntie Jennifer and Uncle Jamie for the Hokie gear they sent us...as you can see, the hat is still a little big but he looks so cute regardless!
"Is that my beer Mommy?"
"I'm ready to go Coach! Daddy's just got to finish changing my diaper first."
"Daddy I like Virginia Tech. Can we come back soon?"
That evening several family friends came over to meet Kieran and he was showered with love and attention. Of course, all that stimulation made it pretty rough to get the little guy to sleep that night. Oh well, he enjoyed all his visitors and totally made up for the sleep on the car ride home today!
To all our friends in the burg, hopefully next time we'll be able to get together! We can't wait for our next trip!


2 comments:
Wow! Very adventurous! Sounds like great family time and K does look adorable in the Hokie gear!
I love your hair Bhavika!
Post a Comment