Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Daddy Day!

To all you new and "old" daddies out there, happy daddy day! Yes it's the big daddy here, and I'm sorry that I haven't posted in a while. We've had a bit of bloggers block lately, and I have also been tied up with work. Don't worry readers, we'll get back in the swing of things soon and continue to provide updates on the little guy.

So let's talk about daddy day. It started with a nice wake up call at 2:15 this morning. Someone just wanted to say happy daddy day a bit early. Luckily Kieran has been taking his bottle and going right back to sleep these past weeks. Sorry, no more 3 AM stories... keeping my fingers crossed on that one!
After waking up, daddy got to enjoy some of his favorite foods that are very bad for him and probably won't be allowed in the house after he begins eating real food. God bless those people at Nueskes! The world is a better place with their apple wood smoked bacon. I can't forget those people at Kettel One. V8 never tasted so good!
"I think I like daddy's bed better!"
Of course, Kieran seemed to get a bit "punch" drunk by sucking on his fist : )

Kieran got me a great present. It's one of my favorite pictures of the two of us (B&W of us at Tech). He told mommy the frame to buy, and it looks great.

Later in the day, mommy and Kieran took daddy to lunch. We tried to go to one of daddy's favorite spots but all the outdoor seating was taken. We went to another fav instead where daddy enjoyed a plethora of other bad things for him.


Now we're back home and daddy gets to enjoy his last present of the day... an ice cream cake from Goodberry's... vanilla ice cream with raspberries and chocolate chips on a brownie base. Mmm, mmm good.

1 comment:

Soma said...

Happy 1st Father's Day!!! Looks like it was awesome...and yummy!