Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Kieran's 1st Birthday!

I really can't believe I'm blogging about Kieran's first birthday. You hear it all the time about "how the time flies" and it really does, without a doubt. I remember this day a year ago so clearly. I think part of me was afraid I'd forget pieces of it...but I now know that will never happen!

The day was just as beautiful as it was a year ago. My parents were in town to celebrate and Kieran had a great time hanging out with them and playing with his new toys. The car was his gift from us and he just loved it. His nani took him around the neighborhood all weekend in it. I still need to get a picture of that.




His grandma Sherry came by and brought along his great grandma Ruby also. Kieran loved all the attention and again, lets not forget the new toys! Daddy and I spent part of the day getting prepared for his big b-day bash the next day, so it was nice to have the helping hands!




Saturday was even more picture perfect. Kieran had a great nap before his guests arrived and was ready to party! He was a bit apprehensive at first with all the people but he warmed up and hung out with his little buddies. We didn't do the best job getting pictures of all of the kids but here are a few.




Next it was cake time! Kieran didn't dive in as we expected. Instead, he would just gently pat the cake. He did get some and seemed to enjoy it but I totally expected we would have to strip him down and take him straight to the bath...maybe next year!




In the end, it was the weekend of Kieran and it was great. We all enjoyed the extra time with each other! Here are a few extra pictures since we've been really slack about the blogging!



4 comments:

Pradeep, Maureen, Maya said...

Happy 1st Birthday Kieran! You are getting so big! Cute pictures!

Toby said...

Happy Birthday Kieran! Wow, 1 already? Kieran is looking adorable!

Hema said...

Happy 1st Birthday Kieran! So glad to see the new pics of you - you have so much hair!

Soma said...

Happy Birthday, Kieran! Your cake is beautiful! You and Dev can have a cheek-off with your big squeezy cheeks! So cute :)