Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

How's my hair?

Kieran's hair has been the topic of many discussions lately. Sure, it's a little long and yes, he has been confused for a little girl on several occasions. This has led daddy to campaign for a haircut. He's had a couple of bang trims but never anything more.

I'm ok with cutting his hair...if I felt he needed it! Everyone, and I mean everyone, we know that has been apart of this discussion thinks we're crazy to touch his little curls! I must say, I agree! However, when I see some of these pictures, I do sway a little in my decision!

So, I decided to let the bloggers decide (not really but I'll read what you have to say).
Bed Head
The Flip


Some other tidbits about Kieran these days:

-He's cruising and sometimes seems very interested in walking and other times, it's the last thing he wants to do. He's going through a really needy phase right now too, making that tougher.
-We're seeing more of the toddler in him for sure. He can be very defiant at times!
-Still a great eater and must be going through a growth spurt b/c he can't seem to get enough. Funny thing is he'll eat lamb, veal, etc but he hated mac & cheese! James is still trying to get over that!

-He's finally napping. It took a lot of work but we get at least 30 minutes almost daily now! However, he wants to stay up later now and does.
-His favorite word is "uh oh". He says it constantly, in the correct and incorrect context. He'll also wake up at night and say it and then go back to sleep! As annoying as it is to be woken for that, it's so cute and funny!

5 comments:

T-Luh said...

I hear ya Mama! I think it's us mommies who are emotional about our sons' hair. Those first snips will really tug at your heart. But you know, these days I'm a fan of the Clooney cut. I actually prefer Brady's hair short. It's cooler for the summer and easy at the pool and in the bathtub.

And dude, another case in point- little Rayan...I loved his long hair. Then Toby and Piyush had it cut after his first birthday and he is simply adorable. He totally looks like a little man!

I say Go For It...Kieran's a doll no matter what his hairstyle. But I think you will like your little man's new do...and if you don't, then let it grow back! Can't wait to see your update! :)

Soma said...

I say go for the cut - not because it doesn't look so very very cute now, but because I'm SOOO curious to see how he'll look with it short! Wonder if it is a boy-girl thing - I couldn't wait to cut K's hair!

and LOL, Kadyn hated mac and cheese too back then.

Toby said...

Do it! Kieran looks adorable with his long hair, but I can tell you from experience, washing the buzz cut is great! Oh and Ry used to say 'uh oh' all the time too! He is finally using it right now.

Hema said...

We understand how you feel! We get the subtle comments about Kam's hair a lot these days. The roles are reversed in our house though. I'm ready to cut Kam's hair (although I do think it's difficult to watch that first cut to the hair they were born with!) and Mehul thinks Kam's current hairstyle adds character. We decided to wait until after his first birthday. I think we are both ready now. I say do it when you are ready!

Ankur & Shreya said...

Although we don't have any babies or any experience whatsoever handling them, we say leave them long. He sure looks like Lil' Krishna. Too Cute. So want to come see you all soon.