Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, February 15, 2010

Doin' Nothin'

The time keeps racing by, and it's hard to sit here and think of what we have been up to lately. Actually, we really haven't done anything except hanging out and watching our little buddy grow.

We did have some snow, and while it wasn't the 40" blizzard that struck our friends back in D.C., it was enough to shut things down for a few days. Of course, it really doesn't take much to shut Raleigh down.

Kieran had recovered from his sickness, which was good because we really wanted to see how he would react to his first snowfall. We both hoped he would get excited and start babbling, but he didn't seem too interested. He did seem a bit perplexed because everything was white. He also may have been blinded by the sun reflecting off the snow.



I did set him down really quick to see if he would reach out and touch the snow. Instead he gave me a 'why the hell did you set me down on this freezing cold concrete? Am I supposed to make a snow angel? I can't even crawl. What the hell daddy?' look. Maybe when he gets older.



Then comes Valentines Day. I'd like to say that B and I had some romantic date, and we did if you count the chattering of near 10 month old! We went to brunch where buddy found a Valentine of his own, our waitress. He would follow her as she came and went and always flashed a grin when she came to the table. Our little Cassanova. It was fun to watch, and he may have gotten some digits if it weren't for his aversion to flowers.



Anyways, keeping with tradition, I picked up a cupcake for his pending 10 month "birthday". We let him try the frosting, and he shared some with the carpet. Mommy moved in for the gummy lips, but she wouldn't let me post the picture : (



Mommy, will you be my Valentine?



Since today was a Federal holiday, Kieran and I got to hang out all day together. We had to stay in doors for most of the day due to nasty weather, but we did meet mommy for lunch. Too bad she couldn't play hooky the rest of the day!

We made it back home and I was trying to figure out how to work the camera on my new phone to send a picture to mommy. Every time I pointed it at Kieran, he would stop and give his cheesey smile. I thought it was too funny to miss and was lucky to catch a few quick pictures with the real camera.



As you can see, he's become a real ham for the camera. Anyways, that's it in a nutshell. So long from the 919.

3 comments:

Kerry and Amit said...

i like the gangsta pose in the last picture.

Soma said...

love him in his hat and sunglasses!

Ankur & Shreya said...

Happy 1st Birthday, Kieran. You should have 2 cupcakes today. Enjoy.