Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Pureed Turkey... Yuck!

The long weekend has come and gone, and we're back to work tomorrow. Kieran had 4 days of non-stop attention while mommy and daddy had 4 days of non-stop Kieran. It was great but way too short!

We decided to have Kieran's first Thanksgiving at our house because daddy wanted to cook a big dinner for his little guy's first foray into "meat eaterdom". Kieran was pretty excited thinking he was going to get a big drumstick.



Mommy, do these glasses make me look like daddy?



Don't worry. I got some lovin' for you too mommy.



After hours of cooking, dinner was finally ready. Everyone loaded up their plates, and mommy pureed some breast meat and potatoes for our little guy. I wanted to add gravy, but B said no since I added red wine to it. I did let it cook for a bit, so I'm sure that most of the alcohol cooked out. Oh well, I tried buddy.

So Kieran, what do you think of daddy's cooking?



Why daddy?



As you can see, he didn't take too well to the meal. Who could blame him though? Pureed turkey? Gross. Next time it will be cheeseburgers, and I won't puree them! We have been trying a lot of different foods with him recently: peas; peaches; mangoes; green beans; squash; etc. We even gave him a bit of stuffing the other day during Thanksgiving lunch at Kindercare. He always makes faces the first time he eats something new but never does he try and spit it out like he did here. I hope it was the garlic in the potatoes rather than him not liking my cooking!

The next day we headed to Christiansburg to visit B's parents. We had fun hanging out with mommy, catching some zzz's with dada and cheesin' with nani.


Kieran did get to try his first Indian food, some mashed dosa filling. Unfortunately no pics because I was holding him while B was feeding him. He seemed to be a bit unsure of it, but he ate all that we offered to him. I guess he likes his nani's cooking more than mine. Anyway, we had a great first Thanksgiving, and we're getting psyched for Christmas... Roast Beef with Yorkshire Pudding!!!!

No comments: