Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Friday, October 30, 2009

6 Months Old

I'll start with what we all say...I can't believe my baby is 6 months old! The time really has flown by and it's been fun and exciting, but also a little hard to accept that Kieran seems less and less like my little baby!

Kieran got his vaccines and flu shot last week. No H1N1 yet but the regular flu will do for now. Here are his latest stats:

-16lbs
-26 1/2"

At this 6 month milestone we started Kieran on pureed foods. I've decided to make these myself if/when I can. We started with peas and although it was a little rough and he made a lot of faces, he eventually enjoyed them. I figured I'd start with what I thought he'd find the least enjoyable and then it would only get easier from there. We've moved onto squash, which he really seems to enjoy too!



We also made him his traditional birthday cupcake...except now, he dives in for it! Here he is enjoying his cake and getting his first taste of frosting! We ended up with orange carpet, hands, pants and mouth after this one, but it was fun!

I'm going for it!

Mmm, cream cheese frosting...


Uh-oh, was I not supposed to do that?


Some more fun b-day pics...



Last, but not least, his picture with Mr. Bear. When I go back and look at him at 2 weeks and now at 6 months, it really is amazing!

2 comments:

Soma said...

Happy 6 Months!! Love the pictures, especially the one with daddy and Kieran - Kieran looks so happy! Yes, the pics with Mr. Bear are amazing!

Prutha said...

His 6 month old picture with the bear just might be the cutest picture I have ever seen :)