Daycare
It's going pretty well. Some days are harder than others for sure. Kieran is definitely happiest in the morning and it's tough to leave him when he's like that. He seems to enjoy day care though. I was worried about him starting so young but I really feel like he's becoming more consistent and somewhat scheduled because of it. He also is pretty wiped out at the end of the day and that has made bedtime much easier. It used to be one of our biggest struggles because he fights sleep but it's improved a great deal with day care. They also manage to get him to nap. He still does his catnap thing but we're noticing he is going a little longer as the weeks go by.
Eating
I think it's pretty obvious that Kieran is a good eater! We actually have decreased his bottles from 5oz to about 4.75oz. Spitting up hasn't been an issue for us for a while but he's been losing a little almost every feeding when he burps lately. I think it's because he takes it down pretty quickly and seems to be much hungrier the next day when he sleeps through the night. I'd also say, unofficially, that he's probably close to 12lbs.
Sleep
At around 7 weeks we started a bedtime routine with Kieran and it made such a difference within 2 weeks. I'd say about 40% of the time he sleeps from 7:30pm - 7:00am straight. The other 60% is 7:30pm through somewhere between 4:00-6:30am. The 4am still kind of sucks but no real complaints here! He will wake up sometimes but we wait a while to see if he works through it. I'd say we're 50/50 with that but he's getting there. It's been really nice for James and I to have that time in the evening, that's for sure!
The Rest...
Kieran smiles a lot now and is getting more and more vocal. He is examining his hands instead of just eating them! He still enjoys his bath time and has gotten better about tummy time. He LOVES the TV, he'll just sit and stare at it for ages. We've almost made it through an entire movie with him on our laps, quiet and content. Normally, I'd say it's a bad thing for him to be so into the TV but he seems to enjoy the outdoors just as much.
As for mommy and daddy, we're getting along pretty well also. I've been back at work full-time 2 weeks now and we seem to have things down pretty well. This week, we're going to incorporate each one of us having an evening out and try to get back to normal...or, I should say, our new normal.
Anyhow, here are some new pics of our little 3 month old!

1 comment:
Glad to hear things are going so well - you are lucky ducks with K sleeping through so much of the night! He's so cute!
Post a Comment